This plugin was designed to simply update any GitHub/Bitbucket hosted WordPress plugin or theme.
- Download the latest tagged archive (choose the “zip” option).
- Rename the ZIP as github-updater.zip (and not github-updater-develop.zip)
- In WordPress, from Plugins > Add New> Upload Plugin > select github-updater.zip (the ZIP file that you have just downloaded)
- Activate the plugin
Still in your WordPress admin, from Settings > Github Updater proceed to the following configuration.
From the Install Theme tab:
- Enter https://bitbucket.org/earnoud/pg_blog in the Theme URI field
- Set the Remote Repository Host to Bitbucket
- Click on Install Theme
And that’s it!
From now, each time a new version is available, you will receive a notice and you will be able to proceed to the automatic update of the theme!
Convenient isn’t it?